I Couldn't Help but Wonder...

Carrie's Questions from Sex and the City

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

When did we stop being free to be you and me?

From Episode 6.9/83, "A Woman's Right to Shoes"

On my other blog, The Daily Jones, I listed my top five Sex and the City episodes, so I figured that I would begin here with my next five. This episode was my Honorable Mention: I like the way that it continues the themes from my favorite episode, "The Baby Shower." While it would be nice to have gift registries for "Avoiding Mr. Wrong" and "My First Cross-Country Solo Move," the greater gesture is in the simple recognition of circumstance and choice. Embracing your life alone can be a major milestone, and aside from DeBeers' marketing for the "right hand" ring, it's rarely celebrated. No one encourages anyone to consciously appreciate living life alone, so for me, that choice becomes even more powerful and valuable.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like this!!! very true

     

Post a Comment

<< Home